Friday 9 February 2024

Time for Cake

Isn't it always time for cake? I’ve been missing in action for a while and the invitation to a slice of cake for Rizwana’s challenge at Daring Cardmakers seems like the perfect opportunity to return.

My stash of birthday cards is now non-existent and I know I need several in the next few weeks so the cake clearly had to be a birthday one. It’s decorated with some little beads of pearly icing and that looks like a dark chocolate ganache filling to me! 

Splattery ink and a scatter of pearl dots make for a festive feel and a nice scripty sentiment finishes it off. 

Stamps:
The Cafe (Cornish Heritage Farms, no longer with us)
Big Day Today (Waltzingmouse Stamps, no longer with us)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Pearlescent Chocolate)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Tumbled Glass)

Other:
Copic markers
Pearl Pen by Viva Decor (Ice White)
Corner Chomper
 

Thanks for stopping by, I’ll try not to leave it so long until the next post!

4 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Ooh, that cake looks delicious and your splatters are amazing. You could add it to the current seize the birthday challenge. Welcome back xx

Wavejumper said...

So great to see you creating again. I so enjoy your work! :D
I like the pearls! Funny to me bc I have been hankering for some good quality cake! hugs Margot

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Yummy cake and I love the background you gave it, Joanne!! Glad you're back to blogging - missed you!!

Dotty Jo said...

I knew this was your card as soon as I saw it over at daring Cardmakers. It's a beauty. Lovely to see you creating again. Big hugs, Jo x