Friday 20 July 2018

Summertime

Miri is setting the challenge for us this week at Daring Cardmakers - she’d like us to take advantage of the summer weather and get outdoors. Picnics, sunbathing, tennis, waterskiing, a stroll along the prom with an ice cream... what would you choose to do?

I’ve opted for a spot of beach combing with some stamped shells and die cut netting. A piece from my scraps pile provides a splashy blue background and a smattering of sequins finishes it off.

Stamps:
Antique Engravings and Say It All by Hero Arts (I suspect both sets are retired)
Seaside by Crafty Secrets (no longer with us)

Paper:
Bristol board
Unidentified inky piece from scraps pile!

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Pearlescent Chocolate)

Other:
Copic markers
Netting die cut (Marianne Design Craftables)
Sequins
Corner Chomper

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

This is brilliant, love the scene, have a card or two coming for the challenge...following you now.xx[aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥

CherylQuilts said...

Joanne, this is gorgeous! Living here in South Florida, I think you've created a perfect beach-themed card. I especially love the "fishnet" over the blue that reminds me of our blue water. And your shells are exquisite! What a stunning card, sweet friend! I totally love it and think you really rose to the challenge!! Hugs! xoxo

Sylvia said...

Love this gorgeous card Joanne, love those stamps and the netting they certainly put you in mind of beach combing.

Kathy said...

This is fab, Joanne. Love the shells on the netting - I didn't realise it was die cut, I thought you've saved it in your "might come in useful one day' box.....I can't be the only one who has one of those!

Miri said...

What a gorgeous beach card!
The netting die cut is great.

Shabneez said...

Love this one Joanne - it's simply perfect! Shabneez x

Debbie said...

fabulous card

Svenja said...

Wonderful card that makes me want to go stick my feet into the water and seek some shells while I'm there. Love the netting die - I just got one for myself but have not yet used it.