Friday 12 June 2015

Funky flower birthday

A quick birthday card for my sister-in-law eased me back in to some crafting after a holiday in France and the inevitable creative slump that seems to follow a fortnight away from your craft supplies!

I flicked ink onto a card blank to start and while that dried I stamped and cut out the flowers and leaves, using two ink colours and the rock-n-roll technique for the stamping. I stamped a few dots in the paler green to balance the background and added some black enamel accents to the stamped flower centres for a touch of texture.

I have no idea why but it was surprisingly difficult to get a decent photograph of this - not sure I've succeeded even now!

Stamps:
Funky Flowers and Big Day Today (both Waltzingmouse Stamps)

Ink:
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Picked Raspberry, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint)
Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (Cranberry)
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)

Other:
Enamel Accents by Ranger
Corner Chomper
Pinflair glue gel

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Such a lovely summery card my lovely! Love the olives below too x

Scrapmate said...

Lovely vibrant colours and lots of texture.

Kathy said...

This is lovely, Joanne, so delicate and pretty. Obviously, I have no idea what rock n roll stamping is though ;)

Unknown said...

Oh this is luscious Joanne! mind if I pin...? :)

jill said...

Just love the back ground & the colours

Gez Butterworth said...

OooOh! My card of card! And those ink flicks are PERFECT!!!

Kate said...

Love the layout and vibrant colours.