Monday 4 May 2015

Anniversary olives

It was our wedding anniversary at the weekend. I chose to focus on something hubby loves (olives) rather than a lovely-dovey theme when I sat down to make a card. I hunted for an anniversary sentiment that would look right and in the end I opted for this quote - not an obviously anniversary-related one but I think it's a nice thought to celebrate a marriage.

The Mixed Media Challenge at Splitcoast this week is MariLynn's "smash" technique. I used Memento
markers in three shades of green and although I think the Pear Tart has come out as the dominant one, the fact there's a mix lends some subtlety and depth to the background. I was aiming for a sort of abstract foliage feel!

I stamped the image with grey ink and coloured with a mixture of Copics and coloured pencils. I gave each olive a tiny highlight with a Posca pen.

Stamps:
Olive Branch by Serendipity Stamps
Sentiment by CHF (retired)

Ink:
Soft Granite by Hero Arts
Brilliance Graphite Black by Tsukineko

Other:
Memento markers - New Sprout, Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves
Copic markers
Prismacolor and Colour Soft pencils
Fineline black marker
White Posca paint pen

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

jill said...

Happy anniversary Joanne . Hope you have spent a lovely weekend together . A different sytle of anniversary card yes , but still looks lovely .

Kath said...

What a lovely card. I think the sentiment is exactly right for a wedding anniversary.

Scrapmate said...

That's a beautiful card Joanne and just perfect for an anniversary. I love the olive stamp. Congratulations to you both!

Kathy said...

It all worked brilliantly and that quotation is perfect. Happy Anniversary

Karen said...

This is just perfect Joanne!!!! Happy Anniversary my lovely xxx

Jac said...

happy anniversary, love the colours here x

Gez Butterworth said...

FAB Joanne ♥