Tuesday 17 March 2015

Deconstuction - PaperArtsy

The current challenge theme at PaperArtsy is "deconstruction" - all the details and some great inspiration starts here.

I let a few thoughts brew for a while and eventually settled on a plastic bottle and a net bag as the basis of my project. I eventually threw in some toilet paper (deconstructed with water and glue, nothing more radical!) for good measure.

The toilet paper got used to make a paper cast of the sentiment. The cast worked OK but the words "and" and "wait" were missing a couple of high spots and since I wanted to dry-brush (making height difference crucial) I used a tiny paint brush and some glue to build those areas back up.

I cut the top off a plastic bottle "on the wonk" and then Mod Podged some torn netting bag onto it. Some texturising medium, spots of glue and the paper cast sentiment provided the texture and I heated one side of the bottle to get it to collapse a bit.

The whole lot got a couple of coats of Prussian Blue acrylic paint. Once that was dry, I dry-brushed with Mermaid and then Snowflake Fresco Finish paints and finally glued on the fish charm and some glass "bubbles". The charm started life as a brassy gold so that got a coat of Prussian Blue acrylic and then some silver Rub n Buff so it tied in better.

I'm not sure if this is destined to be a wee vase or a pen pot. I shoved some rosemary prunings in to take the photo but we'll see.

Supplies:
Clocks Plate 3 by PaperArtsy
 Empty plastic bottle
Netting bag from garlic
Toilet paper
PVA glue
Prussian Blue Americana acrylic paint by DecoArt
Mermaid and Snowflake Fresco Finish paint by PaperArtsy
Texturising Medium by DecoArt
Mod Podge Matte
Silver Rub n Buff by Amaco
Glass bubbles
Fish charm

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Kath said...

This is really impressive, Joanne. A lovely piece of work.

Dotty Jo said...

This is a plastic bottle - seriously? Looks brilliant, Jo x

Scrapmate said...

I love the organic shape of this bottle, if you hadn't mentioned it was plastic I wouldn't have known.

jill said...

Brilliant project, it's so clever & just ove what you've done .

Karen said...

Stunning work Joanne x

Anonymous said...

This is amazingly brilliant Joanne, love it x

Carol Plume said...

What a great piece Joanne - definately meets the brief! I'm struggling this fortnight lol x

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Got in here from PA blog and am glad I did so! This is just fab,Joanne... unbelievable that it is a plastic bottle. The texture and the colors are just a perfect fit. So inspired to try something like this. Thanks for sharing and happy to follow you now!Hugs, Rupa