Tuesday 23 July 2013

Well done!

My nephew has just finished Year 1 at primary school and got a really good report for the end of the year, being graded well above his age in the national curriculum subjects (maths, science and literacy). Perhaps more importantly, he's trying hard in everything - bless him! I thought I'd send a "well done" card to add to the encouragement my brother and sister-in-law give him.

As ever with kids' cards, I struggled a bit  and this is nothing like the initial plan but I think it's OK!

The cheery little monster is mounted on foam pads for a bit of dimension and I doodled on and around the stars.

I used a white insert on this one - I often write with a gel pen if I do a dark card base but I thought my handwriting would be enough for a six year old to cope with without adding extra complications!

Stamps: Monsters Ink by Technique Tuesday

Paper: Black, white, orange

Ink: Graphite Black Brilliance by Tsukineko

Other: 
Small star squeeze punch by Fiskars
Typset die by Tim Holtz/Sizzix
Copic markers
Gesso and dry wall tape
Copic fineliner
Uni Posca white pen
Corner Chomper

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Kath said...

A fun card, Joanne. I'm sure he will love it.

Paula Whittaker said...

You seem to do kids cards really well.....wish I could! Anyhow, great design and congrats to your nephew on such a good report.

Deborah said...

I think it's a wonderful card (not that I'm that familiar with what 6 year old boys like)and I love that you used black cardstock.

Hazel said...

Your nephew will love this - and well done to him x

Kaz said...

Absolutely brilliant!!You always say you struggle, but you make them so well!!
It's always great to hear when children are doing so well xxx

Traceyr said...

Well done to your nephew and what a great card. Love the monster/alien. :)

Darlene said...

Hey there Joanne! I saw your name (in comment) over on Hazel's blog and thought I'd take a minute and stop by to say Hello! It's been WAY TOO LONG since my last visit! I see you are still doing some AMAZING creations and I hope you & your family are doing well!
Time goes by so quickly ... I miss the 'old gang' over on SCS. Take care my friend and please stop by anytime!!
Hugs from OHIO!
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS