Thursday 2 May 2013

She sells sea shells...

It's my 15th wedding anniversary today. It's only just occured to me that I could have looked at the gifts associated with it for inspiration for DH's card. It seems to be crystal (not easy for a masculine card) or, if you're modern and American, watches! I guess I could have done something with that but the thought came after the card was made - never mind!

I went clean and simple with these lovely detailed shell images. I stamped them on kraft card so they have a different look than if they'd been stamped on white. Even when you colour with an opaque medium like pencils the base colour does make a difference, I find.

A bit of torn kraftcore provides a splash of colour and I've sanded the torn edges for a more natural feel - reminiscent of weather-worn paint on beach houses, perhaps. I used scraps of cardstock to raise a couple of the shells just very slightly from the card as I stuck them down. A simple stamped sentiment and one rounded corner finish it off.

Stamps:
Antique Engravings by Hero Arts
Sentiment from Script Essential Expressions (Cornish Heritage Farms)

Paper:
Smooth white
Kraft
Tim Holtz Kraft Core

Ink:
Espresso Adirondack by Ranger
Vintage Sepia Versafine by Tsukineko

Other:
Prismacolor and Lyra pencils
Corner Chomper

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Artyjen said...

Love the clean but grungy look ;) Perfect for a masculine card
xoxo Sioux

Artyjen said...

P.S. Happy anniversary ;)

Kaz said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

I love this card, it all blends together so well xx

Paula Whittaker said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Angelnorth - super card.

Lucy Edmondson said...

Congratulations! What a perfect card. Bet he loved it,

Lucy x

sam21ski said...

Gorgeous, love the simpleness

Sam xx

Kath said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. I love the card.

Deborah said...

It's a fabulous card (love the stamping on kraft). Happy Anniversary!

Effie said...

Lovely card... I like the rounded corner detail...

Scrapmate said...

A belated Happy Anniversary to you both. This is a beautiful CAS card. I like the idea of stamping the shells on kraft card it definitely gives them a more weather-worn look.

gardenpinks said...

A very belated Happy Anniversary. Love the card and the shells stamped on kraft card. I have that stamp set and use it lots :)
Lynn xx

ionabunny said...

Lovely CAS card with a masculine feel. Thanks for sharing

maria f. said...

This is so lovely yet so masculine. Thanks for the tip to use kraft more often.