Thursday 16 May 2013

Floral inspiration

Inspiration is everywhere but not always when you want it!

We have free rein for the postcard swap on UKStampers this month and I always find that the hardest challenge of all as I don't have a starting point! So I chose a challenge to give me a kick start - Indigo Blu are on their third monthly challenge and the theme is Flowers (details here).

This lovely Anemone Corner stamp has rarely seen ink so I thought I'd give it an outing. The word Inspire and the script I used to give the background a bit of interest are both from the Sarah's Choice set. Colouring with waxy pencils means there's a resist effect when you stamp with dye ink (as I did with the script stamp) which saves a masking job!

I finished with a tracing wheel and faux stitching on the white layer. As ever, the cards go through the post as genuine postcards with no envelope for protection so steering clear of embellies is a good idea!

Stamps:
Anemone Corner (Indigo Blu)
Sarah's Choice (Indigo Blu)

Paper: smooth white and black

Ink: 
Onyx Black (Versafine by Tsukineko)
Antique Linen (Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger)

Other:
Prismacolor pencils, Sansodor and blending stump
Tracing wheel
Fineliner

Thanks for stopping by! Why not come and join us in the postcard swap if you fancy some handcrafted happy mail?

15 comments:

Kath said...

A lovely post card. That's a nice stamp!
I keep having to come back to look at your dragonfly one as well!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous stamp xxxAnnie

Unknown said...

Wow wow wow wow wow - I truly adore this stamp and your use of it. Truly life like and just so feminine and perfect.

Scrapmate said...

This is gorgeous, I love the delicate colouring and that's a good tip about waxy pencils resisting the ink.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers in the lavender colors and I like the sentiment in the corner...Pammyjo

gardenpinks said...

Oh I hope this poscard comes to my home :) It is gorgeous. Love the colours you have used and that stamp.
Lynn x

Paula Whittaker said...

Super lovely...fingers crossed I get it lol!

Linda said...

This is beautiful, great stamping. I love the colour combo, and the delicate script in the background is a lovely addition. Thanks for joining us at the Indigo Blu Forever 21 Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

Deborah said...

A really elegant postcard, Joanne.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is gorgeous. Love the shading behind your flowers...it really makes them pop! Truly fabulous creation!

Julia Aston said...

How pretty! love the green shading around your blooms - it really sets them off!

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful colors and soft delicate imagery- wonderful card!

Lori

Foxglove Hollow

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful postcard. I love the way you have coloured the flowers. Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog. Maddy x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful postcard Joanne...x

chimerastone said...

You do postcard swaps as well. Sounds good I'm stuck in postcard swap who doesn't like handmade ones.
I'm busy with monthly challenges and other swaps at the moment I will check back. Thanks for the kind comments I find with Distress Stains it's hard to get right balance of colours and ends up mixed up the results are great. Being eclectic my style tends to chaotic and add loads of random stuff on the page lately I'm trying to simplify.