Monday 12 March 2012

Floral gift tag

Here's another guest project for the Chocolate Baroque Design Team blog.

While I had the Copic and Prismacolor pencils out to color the image on the seed packet I shared last week {here if you didn't see it and would like to}, I also coloured the floral spray from the Fragrant Honeysuckle set and turned it into a pretty tag. I think this would be a lovely addition to a gift of a bunch of flowers - perhaps for Mothers Day?

I stamped and cut out with a Beaded Oval Nestability die and then carefully cut the beads off, cutting round the flower head and leaves that extended beyond the basic oval shape. I coloured the image with Copics and Prismacolor pencils and then sponged ink round the edge. I stuck the coloured piece onto a second beaded oval die cut and finished with a simple ribbon at the top.

I used a Copic marker to colour white silk ribbon on this and the seed packet project - it's a great way to get a match for the colours in your image.

Stamps:
Fragrant Honeysuckle (Chocolate Baroque)

Paper:
Cryogen White

Ink:
Adirondack by Ranger (Espresso)
Jenni Bowlin ink by Ranger (Soap Powder)

Other:
Copic markers
Prismacolor pencils
Beaded Ovals Nestabilities by Spellbinder
Silk ribbon


Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

beautifully coloured.

Kaz said...

This is so pretty Joanne xx

Karen said...

This is so springlike, I love it Joanne xxx

tracy said...

thats sooo pretty:)
seeing alot of yellow around lately-my fav colour :)

Kath said...

Would be a pretty addition to any gift.

Sue said...

Such pretty, fresh colours perfect for spring flowers.
Sue x

sam21ski said...

Wow Joanne, lovely colouring

Sam xxx

Alison said...

So pretty! x