Tuesday 16 October 2007

Look - no ink!

Carolyn has set the most recent Crew Challenge over on CBC. It's one for the rubber stampers and she's asked us to make something with our stamps but no ink pad. Here's mine:



I've cheated just a tiny bit as I used Versamark for the sentiment and brushed it over with gold lustre but that's barely cheating really, is it?

I made the pear by rolling out a very thin sheet of paperclay and stamping into it. I found brushing a bit of talcum powder over the clay before stamping helped me get a nice clean 'lift' as I took the stamp off. Once the paperclay dried, I cut round the outline and then coloured it with metallic wax rubons.

Supplies: Delight Paperclay, pear stamp (unmounted, unknown maker - eBay purchase), sentiment stamp from MSE set, Cuttlebug D'vine swirls folder, metallic wax rubons, Versamark and gold lustre powder.

21 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, this is fantastic, love how you did the pear, so creative.

Sarah said...

Fabulous card! How clever are you using no ink!

Penny said...

OMG, this is so clever!!! It looks gorgeous, so lovely and textured. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Joanne this is a great idea. I might have to try this one myself. Love the card and the colours

Andrea, said...

This is such a clever card, the pear looks fab

Anonymous said...

That is really lovely Joanne - what a great use of paperclay!

Unknown said...

This is fabulous Joanne! What a great idea.

Keryn Campbell said...

Stamps and paperclay what a great idea. Versamark is for creating watermarks isn't it?. Then it couldn't possibly be classed as an ink.

Mary said...

Your card is gorgeous! The black really compliments the color of the pear that you made.

Mary

Kathy said...

Oh this is lovely - the pear really glows on the black and white background.

Great use for the paperclay - I did read that you could stamp into it, but I've not tried that technique yet

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Beautiful!!!! Just gorgeous!!!

Debbie said...

What a fantastic idea - your card is very pretty - love it. :)

Debbie x

Debbie said...

Hi Joanne I have just given you the smile award - pop over to my blog for more info. :) :)

Debbie x

Louly said...

Oh wow! that is amazing! you've inspired me to buy some of that paperclay, i've never heard of it but boy have you sold it to me!

Annie said...

Wow, what an amazing card you have created. I've never tried paperclay, you have inspired me to look out for some!

Yani said...

Your cards are absolutely gorgeous! And thanks for visiting my blog and for your nice comments!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! If you'd never mentioned the 'cheating', no-one would've known LOL!

My Paper World said...

Really clever, this is gorgeous!

Dollydimps said...

I've nominated you for a "you make me smile" award, because you do! Info on my blog!

Leann said...

this looks gorgeous & so very clever of you!

Juliet said...

This card is stunning - I love how you created the pear. Brilliant work.