Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Woodland greetings

The CAS Christmas challenge for September is all about woodland critters — I'm just managing to sneak in before month end!

This card ended up taking a very long time to make — nothing to do with the card itself, everything to do with the fact I cut a mask for a stamp (pine cone) and then absolutely could not find the stamp I'd just used. Don't you just hate it when that happens?! After about an hour of searching I gave up and went with just the branches - our squirrel friend will have to keep searching for his Christmas lunch!

Simple stamping, colouring and a few sequins here, nothing fancy. I did add a bit of glitter pen to some of the pine needles for a bit of festive sparkle. The sweet little squirrel is definitely a red — he has those tufty ears that the greys lack.

Stamps:
Squirrel surprise (Carabelle Studio, no longer with us) 
Pine Branch Small and Merry Christmas (Lesia Zgharda)

Paper: Cryogen white

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Coffee Bean, Pearlescent Ivy)
Memento Luxe by Tsukineko (Love Letter)

Other:
Copic markers
Coloured pencils
Clear iridescent sequins
Spica glitter pen (green)
Fineliner
Pan Pastel (Pthalo green tint)
Corner Chomper

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: