I'm combining a few challenges today. Retro Rubber has a tic tac toe board and I really wanted to play along with this lovely stamp, using the splatter/leaves/kraft row of the board. The stamp has too much fine detail to give a good impression on anything textured and kraft inevitably has a bit too much, even if you use a stamping platform and have a few goes at it. I eventually settled for stamping on smooth and framing in kraft.
We Love Stamping has a trees and leaves theme this month so this is my second entry there and the current challenge at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is all about leaves (sorry girls, no snark this time!).I kept this pretty simple as it's for my brother and like most of the men I make cards for, he doesn't really go in for a lot of "doodads". Stamped, coloured with markers, masked and then ink blended some Distress round the leaves and finished with some splattered ink in the same colour.
Stamps:
Oak Branch (Beeswax stamps, I've had mine since 2013)
Essential Messages (Hero Arts, retired)
Paper:
Bristol board
Kraft
Ink:
Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (Espresso)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Tumbled Glass)
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Pearlescent Chocolate)
Other:
Happy Stamp n Cut (Hero Arts)
Copic markers
Stitched square frame dies (Paper Rose)








1 comment:
Your leaves look fabulous on that blue background. Love it xx
Post a Comment