It seems to have been Christmas for some time on the blog so I thought I should try to change gear! This month’s challenge at We Love Stamping has a focus on summer. As it’s the classic season for travel, I’ve gone that way as I needed a birthday card for someone who does quite a lot of travelling.
It’s personalised by having a destination hand written on the ticket. I hope he gets to fly in something a bit more comfortable than an open bi-plane, though!I used torn paper to create fluffy clouds in my blue summer sky, masking all the various elements first (including the edges masked with low tack tape). I would probably have added some colour to the globe but hubby liked it without and as he requested the card I went with leaving it black and white. The ticket has just a touch of pencil colouring and there’s a drop shadow added to the globe with a marker.
Stamps:
Vintage Transport (Tanda Stamps, no longer with us)
Be Happy Today (Hero Arts, retired I think)
Travel (Crafty Secrets, no longer with us)
Paper:
Bristol board
Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch)
Other:
Coloured pencils
Grey Copic
Fineliner
Thanks for stopping by!






No comments:
Post a Comment