Wednesday 2 November 2022

Link in the chain — October

It’s reveal day at Card Chain Challenge. Mine went to Imke in Germany this time. 

From the options on offer I chose the colour palette, the theme of mythical beasts and I used a brush when I created the background. It’s my usual one layer creation for CCC and I think the unicorn stamp is bold enough not to need much else. 
 
I brushed ink over a stencil to create the background, stamped the clouds and added some silvery shimmer to them and an ink "shadow" underneath to accentuate them. Oh, I used a second sort of brush for that bit!
 
A rounded corner, doodled border, grounding under the unicorn's hooves and a few dots of Enamel Accents in the centre of the sparkle stamp and call it done.

Stamps:
Believe in Unicorns (Visible Image)

Paper:
Bristol board 

Ink:
Versafine by Tsukineko (Onyx Black)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Tumbled Glass, Spun Sugar)
Shadow ink by Hero Arts (Soft Granite)
Delicata by Tsukineko (Silvery Shimmer)

Other:
Strobe stencil (Visible Image)
Corner Chomper
White Enamel Accents by Ranger
Silver gel pen
Black fineliner




10 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Ooo - love your unicorn, Joanne! The background looks amazing too!! Lucky Imke!!

Julia Aston said...

What a great design with that bold unicorn rising in the sun burst towards the blue sky Joanne! so much action achieved! xx

Imke said...

I fell in love with your card, Joanne. The scene and colors are great - love it. I always look forward to this challenge, it's a lot of fun.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

HilaryJane said...

Love your Unicorn, what a magnificent beast he is. amazing splatters too xx

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful and so magical!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

papierelle said...

Your card is magical and is beautifully designed!! love it!!

Wavejumper said...

I was a unicorn freak many decades ago before it became a "thing". I was relegated to stickers and mugs and cards-unless I got to a renaissance festival...I have since given most of it away. Just a few interesting pieces left.

Long way of saying of course I love this card. I really like the stars inside the unicorn which I know is a mini "look" for that company. I have to check if I have that stamp. I should.

hugs Margot

Arlene said...

This is just beautiful!

Also, you wont the prize for October at Die Cut Divas. Be sure to contact Die Cut Divas at thedcdivas@gmail.com
so we may send your email address to our sponsor, Altenew. Arlene, DCD

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous stencilled background and love the beautiful Unicorn
Carol x

Dotty Jo said...

Another stunning card! So happy that you're a link in our chain again, Jo x