Friday 15 October 2021

Candy corn colours

Svenja has set the challenge for us at Daring Cardmakers this week - she's giving us sweet inspiration with either candy corn or peppermint fondant, extra virtual browine points if your card relates to sweets.

I didn't manage the confectionary theme, I just opted for candy corn colours of orange, yellow and white.

An acrylic block with curvy sides provided the "stamp" for my colour block base - I tapped the ink pads onto it, spritzed with water and pressed it onto the card base. I did give it a little help with a damp brush as the coverage was just a bit too hit and miss.

I stamped the sentiment then stamped the flower to grow out of it. I stamped again on a scrap of white and cut out the flower head, gave it a bit of shading with a couple of grey pencils and stuck it over the top. A tiny bit of detail stamped with yellow ink at the bottom of the card and call it done.

Stamps:
Creative Chaos (Visible Image)
Birthday (Letter It range by Ranger)
Essential Messages (Hero Arts, retired)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Mustard Seed)
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide by Ranger (Carved Pumpkin)
Versafine by Tsukineko (Onyx Black)

Other:
Grey pencils

Thanks for stopping by!


 

2 comments:

Wavejumper said...

Great card. I smiled-I have not thought about doing that with an acrylic block in forever...looks great and I love that the flower flows out of the word too.

hugs Margot

Pia S said...

I really like how you connected the flower and the sentiment, great idea and looks fantastic!