Sunday 2 May 2021

Link in the chain - April

It’s reveal day once again over at Card Chain Challenge - my how time flies! My card has gone to Nelleke in the Netherlands this time. 

From the options on offer I chose the sketch and the colour palette (oh, I used a die cut too!). I did try for a one layer card but I couldn’t get the embossing quite as I wanted it so I ended up cutting the embossed panel (with four “planks” to reflect the sketch) and sticking it to a card base. I used a fineline marker around the edge. The butterfly was stamped, coloured and cut out, the leaf sprig is die cut and coloured with a couple of Copics and the whole lot is assembled with some gel glue.

Stamps:
Antique Engravings, Say It All (both Hero Arts, retired)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Tim Holtz Distress ink
 by Ranger (Walnut Stain)

Other:
Pinewood planks embossing folder (Stampin Up)
Back to Nature dies (Sizzix, I suspect they're retired)
Copic markers
White crochet cotton
Pearl pen by Viva Decor (Ice White)
Brown fineliner

7 comments:

R's Rue said...

So pretty. I love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

HilaryJane said...

tis is gorgeous, love the embossed plank background and your stylish embellishments xx

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Joanne. I love how you interpreted the sketch. Thanks for joining the CCC fun again, Jo x

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely design Joanne with your embossed white barnboard and colorful butterfly! love the looped string behind - such a great look! xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Yes I love your card too Joanne, the embossed background goes beautifully with the butterfly and sentiment tag, Robyn

papierelle said...

So beautiful!!!! Wonderful implementation of the sketch and the color challenge !!!

Wavejumper said...

I like the white planks. Makes the butterfly really pop. :)

hugs Margot