Tuesday 23 March 2021

Box of flowers

The challenge this month over at Let’s Squash It is to make or repurpose a box and use a floral embossing folder. I’ve had this idea in my head since the challenge launched and finally managed to get it made today. 

 

I used a large matchbox (you might know the brand Cook’s Matches if you’re in the UK) as my base. I painted the tray with black acrylic paint and added a ribbon tab pull. This floral folder makes me think of chrysanthemums and to me those needs autumnal shades (they were my mum’s bridal flowers for an autumn wedding) so I rubbed a gold ink pad over the raised areas and brushed on copper, gold and bronze Perfect Pearls. The embossing wasn’t quite wide enough to do the full top and sides of the box but I managed to centre the embossing and I think the flat margins look as if they’re meant to be there along the bottom edges.

Supplies:
Empty match box
Bold Floral embossing folder by Darice
Delicata by Tsukineko (Golden Glitz)
Perfect Pearls by Ranger (Copper, Gold, Bronze)
Black cardstock
Ribbon
Small copper brad
Black acrylic paint 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

CURRENT CHALLENGE

5 comments:

Wavejumper said...

It came out really nicely! I love metallics so this is right in my zone.
I like the pull tab detail too. :)
Hugs Margot

Dotty Jo said...

What a show stopper, Joanne, I love it! Thanks for playing again at Let's Squash It! Your box is just stunning, Jo x

Robyn Oliver said...

This is stunning Joanne, love the antique feel of the embossed flower... gorgeous, and thanks for joining in the fun at Let's Squash It!, Robyn

HilaryJane said...

This is simply gorgeous, love the patina you have achieved on that embossing - stunning. A very clear idea too xx

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous Joanne. Looks like real metal. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz