Friday 15 May 2020

Keep it in the family

It's my turn to set this week's challenge over at Daring Cardmakers. It's World Family Day today so I chose the topic of "family". When I chose the topic I had no idea that it would have extra poignancy as many of us are not able to see our families at the moment because of the lockdown restrictions.

I chose a stamp that has “family” in its name and I reckoned that maybe we could all do with a bit of owlish wisdom to help us through the tough times.

Stamps:
Owl Family (Crafty Individuals)
Sentiment from Big Day Today (Waltzingmouse Stamps, no longer with us)

Paper:
Watercolour 

Ink:
Versafine by Tsukineko (Vintage Sepia)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Blueprint Sketch, Mowed Lawn, Spiced Marmalade)

Other:
Stitched rectangle dies A6 size (Paper Rose Studio)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you are staying safe and well.

3 comments:

Shabneez said...

Wonderful creation Joanne and love the challenge - so apt for lockdown! Shabneez x

Wavejumper said...

There is a bit of serendipity for you. Good choice.

Very sweet card. I like that one owl is looking at the others. Feels more inclusive than all three just looking out at us. Nice coloring.

hugs Margot

Miri said...

Wisdom and family is always a great idea ;-) ... especially in times like these.
I like the stamp and your colouring.