Tuesday 28 April 2020

Keep walking

More postcards for my dad and brother. Walking seemed to be figuring large in the news (Captain Tom’s fantastic fundraising efforts with his laps of his garden capturing hearts and minds) and in people’s lives more generally as their daily exercise. So, a walking theme it was...


I stamped the boots simply and just added a halo of pale blue round them, grounded them with a numbers border (to represent step count) and used alphabet stamps to create the wording, adding a bit of colour with a marker as they’re outline letters.

I’m tending to add a bit of Microglaze to my postcards these days, just to give them a bit of protection as they go through the post. I just apply with my finger and once it’s buffed with a bit of kitchen towel the application is completely smooth and invisible.

Stamps:
Combat boots (Deep Red Stamps)
Alphabet set (Hero Arts)
Numbers border (Kaisercraft)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide by Ranger (Evergreen Bough)

Other:
Copic markers
Corner Chomper
Microglaze

Thanks for stopping by, hope you are keeping well.

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Fab postcards! I love this idea of sending cards to raise their spirits. keep safe, Joanne, hugs,Jo x

Wavejumper said...

What a perfect idea! I had not heard of Captain Tom but I just watched 10 vids on him. What a sweet, gallant man. He rocks!!

I hope NHS was able to get the PPE and ventilators and other supplies all the hospitals around the world need.

hugs Margot

Svenja said...

I really, really like these. (Might be because I have a thing for shoes. And numbers. Okay, and fonts.)

HilaryJane said...

Love the idea of using numbers for the ground, it works so well. I really like your CCC card this month too. By the way I did a print from a magazine page with my Gelli plate this afternoon and it worked first time! I am quite chuffed, I just need to work out how to turn it into a card now! xx

ionabunny said...

Wow, fabulous dimension on this OLC Joanne. Love it. Hugz