Friday 5 July 2019

July Elements

It's the first Friday of the month so that means it's an "elemental" challenge over at Daring Cardmakers. Dawn has chosen our inspiration picture and as ever, you just need to choose at least three elements from it to kickstart your project (if you choose the colour palette that counts as one element).

I chose five rectangles, raspberries and gingham for a clean and simple birthday card. How perfectly does that sentiment stamp fit the die cut rectangle?! It doesn't take much to have me grinning from ear to ear, does it?

The die set this one came from also had me grinning - I finally found a set of rectangles that's actually proportioned for A6 cards - hooray! Given that everywhere except north America uses ISO standard paper sizes, you wouldn't think it would be a problem but the standard seems to be very much based on US letter paper sizes. OK, I had to go to an Australian company for these but still...

Of course typical me, the first use of the die set is not one where I'm using the dies in the same orientation as the card and I used the smallest one so the relationship may not be obvious!

Stamps:
Sun Ripened (Stampin Up!, retired)
Sentiment from Big Day Today (Waltzingmouse Stamps, no longer with us)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)

Other:
Stitched Rectangle Dies A6 size (Paper Rose)
Copic markers
Copic Spica glitter pen (red)
Gingham ribbon
Corner Chomper

Here's the summery inspiration picture if you'd like to play along and didn't arrive here via the DCM blog.



Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I love how you have kept this simple and yet you have some exquisite pieces of detail. That little piece of green ribbon and the perfectly centred sentiment work a treat, love it xx

Vogelschneckenraupe said...

I love your card. It´s perfect.

I always have a problem myself, when I try to make a clean and simple card. I thinks it´s because I often have dirty fingers, when I´m crafting.

It´s like a mysterium for me. I think that´s why I´m amire the people who can work this magic of a clean and simple card. you have this magic.

Wavejumper said...

One would think that someone would create a MFG in Europe to your size standards. There must be enough demand to support one company?? I know yet again I placed an order with a Brit company and some of my stamps are HUGE for my standards. So I know there are scaled stamps. I know there are also stencils. Well that is my sympathic rant for you! :)

Now there is a nice piece of serendipity for the stamp size to the rectangle! LOVE when that happens!

I like the small but bright pops of color with the berries and the ribbon and it being green one might extrapolate leaf from placement too....maybe that is just my crazy mind.

Kathy said...

I love the way you created the background for this - the rectangles are just perfect and using an idea like this would definitely help my 'white space' issue!

Wonderful card altogether!

Dawn said...

Love your idea to use the stitched rectangles for the background. Gorgeous card.