Friday 17 May 2019

Initially speaking...

Kathy has set our challenge over at Daring Cardmakers  this week - she'd like to see the letters of this month inspiring what you use or how you make your project. For example Masking, Anniversary, Yellow - the intials spell MAY.

I used a Magazine page, Alcohol ink and Yupo paper for a surprisingly quick mixed media card.

I started with the thought of doing an underwater thing so dripped various green and blue inks onto the Yupo - you have to go with the flow to a certain extent and see what emerges. I used a bamboo skewers to dot in a little rubbing alcohol in places to create the lighter spots. The magazine page was out on my desk and the eyes wanted to be used here so the watery world will have to wait for another time!

Supplies:
Yupo paper
Alcohol inks
Rubbing alcohol 
Magazine page
Fineline marker 
Sentiment from Wild Mushrooms (Power Poppy)
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I love the idea of using the Magazine page to get your "M" element! The colours are just fabulous.

I still haven't tried yupo paper....

Wavejumper said...

This is striking. I like the rounded corner...it flows with the round shapes of the ink...Hugs Margot

Shabneez said...

Clever choice of elements Joanne - hope you're having a good holiday! Shabneez x

Svenja said...

This is absolutely stunning! Love, love, love it. (And it's my favourite colour.)