Friday 19 April 2019

Blooming!

Ruth is setting today's challenge over at Daring Cardmakers and she'd like to see a riot of flowers on the blog this week!


Irises are one of my mum’s favourite flowers so when I saw this stamp at a bargain price I couldn’t resist getting it even though I keep telling myself I have enough floral stamps! It’s a lovely big stamp, almost 6 inches tall if you use the full length of the stem.

I stamped in a very light green ink so I could do a spot of “no line” colouring, using simple masking to add two flowers, and then coloured using a combination of Copics and coloured pencils.

The little dots were stamped with gold ink and then I used a gel pen and a glitter pen to add a few extras and deepen the gold.

Stamps:
Iris (Bee Crafty)
Dots from Believe in Unicorns (Visible Image)
Sentiment from Big Day Today (Waltzingmouse Stamps, no longer with us)

Paper:
Smooth white

Ink:
Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (Willow)
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Pearlescent Chocolate, Galaxy Gold)

Other:
Copic markers
Coloured pencils
Gold gel pen
Gold Spica glitter pen

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Wavejumper said...

That is a stunner and sure keeper. Your coloring is just beautiful.
I love that font...I am sad it is not available anymore.
Hugs
Margot

Shabneez said...

Just stunning Joanne! Shabneez x

Dotty Jo said...

How did I miss this? Your card is beautiful, Joanne, Jo x