Friday 9 November 2018

Festive foliage

We have another of our challenges in the run up to Christmas over at Daring Cardmakers this week - we’d like to see winter flowers and foliage on your cards this time.

Of course the prompt made me think of my Festive Foliage stamp set so I’ve used that for a CAS design with an eclipse sentiment. I used markers to ink up the stamp and the MISTI to stamp multiple times to build up depth of colour. I used two shades of green and two of brown.

The sentiment has been given subtle sparkle with Wink of Stella and a few tiny gems add a bit extra festive glimmer.

As Retro Rubber has an “anything goes” theme for #rrcb99 and I’ve had this stamp set for at least six years I'm hooking up there and my card also fits this month’s Fan Club Christmas Challenge at Splitcoast - join us to find out how if you’re a Fan Club member!

Stamps:
Festive Foliage (mine is the original Waltzingmouse Stamps set with 2010 copyright, the same design is now available from Gina K)
Peace Stamp n Cut (Hero Arts)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Memento markers (Bamboo Leaves, Cottage Ivy, Rich Cocoa)
Zig Clean Colour marker (Dark Brown)
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Pearlescent Chocolate)

Other:
Die from Peace Stamp n Cut (Hero Arts)
Copic marker
MISTI
Nail art gems
Clear Wink of Stella pen
Corner Chomper

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, the eclipse sentiment works so well with the winter foliage stamp.

Sylv xx

Jan Clothier said...

Beautiful clean design. I love the touch of blue sky behind and the subtle die cut word adds interest to the layout in a clever way. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this week.

Debbie said...

this is fab - love love love

Rika said...

stunning card!

Shabneez said...

A beautiful card Joanne - I used your off the page idea for mine and I gave you a mention! Shabneez x

Neva Cole said...

Amazing! Clean and simple with the surprise of the dimensional peace sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber.

LeAnne said...

This is just gorgeous! I always forget about this technique!! Just stunning in its simplicity! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber!

creative lady said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber!