Friday 23 February 2018

Stencilled Scrapling

Svenja has set the challenge for this week's Daring Cardmakers - she'd like to see stencils and shades of green on our projects. I've made a scrapling in which the stencil took a bit more of a supporting role that my original plan but I find you can't always dictate what happens at the craft table!

I started with a piece of mixed media paper with Juniper ink sptritzed and pooled on it that was left over from a previous project and built up from there, stencilling and stamping over the top. A pretty die cut butterfly, a spatter of Enamel Accents and pen dots and some messy silver thread and I called it done - I seem to be having a problem including sentiments on things at the moment!

Supplies:
Mini Butterfly Duo dies by Time Holtz/Sizzix
Wings stamp set by Darkroom Door
Bamboo Mixed Media paper by Hannemuhl
Scraps of black and orange cardstock
Juniper Adinrodack dye ink by Ranger
Bundled Sage and Peeled Paint Distress ink by Ranger
Cressida stencil by Memory Box
Copic markers
Clear wink of Stella pen
Black Engamel Accents by Ranger
Fine line marker
Silver thread
Corner Chomper

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Shabneez said...

Wonderful creation Joanne - doesn't the background make the butterfly pop? Shabneez x

Paula Whittaker said...

That deep orange colour looks amazing against the green.
I hate bothering with sentiments - I can never understand why people who have bought from me in the past get twitchy if it doesn't say 'Happy Birthday' - I wouldn't mind but I'm sure the recipient knows its their birthday lol

Kathy said...

The background you've created is just beautiful and the perfect foil for the gorgeous bright butterfly

Svenja said...

It's beautiful. Love that delicate stencil and I entirely agree with Kathy: the perfect background for the bright butterfly. Fab!

Darlene said...

WOW GORGEOUS! That butterfly really POPS! Love the overall design! Great job!