Friday 8 September 2017

International Literacy Day

It's International Literacy Day today according to UNESCO - since reading and literacy are close to my heart it seemed the perfect coincidence that it's my turn to set the challenge at Daring Cardmakers. So the challenge is to celebrate the written word - images of books or readers, a favourite literary quote, an author portrait... where will your imagination take you?

I've gone ultra clean and simple with this sweet little image and -eek!- my own handwriting.

The quote is from Neil Gaiman and I've just repeated it to make a circle round the little reader who is, I hope, lost in the world those words are creating.

I'm really happy with the Bristol card I found from a seller on eBay - it's a really good heavy weight for card bases (it's 335gsm) and even the strong shades of Copic marker didn't bleed through so this is a truly one layer card.

Stamps:
Story of Me by Crafty Secrets (no longer with us)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (Espresso)

Other:
Copic markers
Black fineline marker
Corner Chomper

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

wow I couldn't believe it when you said it was your hand writing - so neat and it looks just like a stamp!
Lovely clean and simple card and the colouring is spot on x

Shabneez said...

Fab card Joanne - you've used the perfect image and quote. Your handwriting is awesome - I too thought it was a stamp! Shabneez x

Svenja said...

You did the writing yourself? Wow, I'm very impressed, it's so neat I never would have guessed. (Cute card btw.)