Friday 21 July 2017

String theory

Kathy has set the challenge over at Daring Cardmakers this week and she'd like us to get tied up - use any sort of string, fibres, yarn etc on our projects.

I needed a baby card and as I didn't have any baby clothes stamps for my first thought of doing a washing line, I took the easy option of just using some white crochet cotton as a bit of an accent.

This bear is super-cute and the photographic detail stamps beautifully.

I was lucky enough to have my name come out of the hat for a challenge at The Craft Barn recently and I chose the Little Stars embossing folder plus as part of my prize - there's a matching die with the folder. I embossed the white section, used die cut stars on the pink for a slightly more scattered look and I have a border of outline stars to use on another project!

Stamps:
Hello Baby Vol 1 by Darkroom Door

Paper:
Bristol board
DCWV textured

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Pearlescent Chocolate and Pearlescent Orchid)

Other:
Little Stars embossing folder plus by Marianne Design
Tags dies by Sizzix/Tim Holtz
Crochet cotton
Baby feet charm
Copic marker
Corner Chomper

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Enfys said...

Such a sweet little card! Love that teddy xx

Shabneez said...

Such a cute card Joanne - good use of your prize too! What a coincidence both our Mums being teachers! Shabneez x

Kathy said...

This little chap is just adorable! I love the way the thread works too - it's amazing how just a little makes so much difference

Paula Whittaker said...

That Teddy stamp is gorgeous. Lovely card and nice use of the string/thread (I would have no idea how to incorporate string in to a project these days!)

Dawn said...

Such a sweet card and I love the tiny baby feet charm, a very lovely touch. x