Friday 23 June 2017

I must go down to the sea

Lythan is setting our challenge over at Daring Cardmakers this week and she'd like to see anything to remind her of the sea as she misses the Welsh coast these days!

I played with Yupo paper and alcohol ink - although I used a single ink colour, it broke down beautifully into blue/aqua/green and really looked reminiscent of the ocean. I decided lots of white would show it off better though so I was brave and instead of leaving it in one piece, I die cut/punched circles to go against a fresh white background.

A single stamped starfish and bold sentiment finish it off and I think it came out nice and summery.

Stamps:
Seaside by Craft Secrets (no longer making stamps - they've gone digital)
Say It Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps (no longer with us)

Paper:
Yupo
Bristol board

Ink:
Pearlescent Chocolate Brilliance by Tsukineko

Other:
Holiday Blue Various ink Copic refill
Circle dies/punches
Corner Chomper
Pinflair glue gel

Thanks for stopping by - do have a look at the DCM blog for the DT's breath of seaside air to go with the heatwave if you're in the UK!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

lovely card - great new use of yupo - love it

Shabneez said...

Fab card Joanne - love the design and use of Yupo (which I had to google!). Definitely reminds me of the sea xxx