Thursday 19 January 2017

Autumn anniversary

This was made for my mum and dad's wedding anniversary. I did the leafy stamping and painting without any particular plan in mind. When I came to trim it to make a card I decided it looked elegant as a tall, slim design with lots of white space so I went with that - it's a DL card.

This stamp is very detailed and the watercolour paper is a bit textured - my newly-acquired MISTI came into its own since I could just re-ink and stamp again to make sure I got a good impression despite the bumpy surface.

I think this image is good for an autumn anniversary without being too in-your-face about things - two acorns carries a suggestion of two people who can grow together.

Stamps:
Oak branch (Beeswax Stamps)
Sentiment from Putting on the Ritz (Waltzingmouse Stamps, retired) 

Paper:
Watercolour

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Pearlescent Chocolate)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (various autumn tones, I lost track!)

Other:
Watercolour pencils
MISTI

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: