Friday 21 October 2016

Tag it

Today's challenge on Daring Cardmakers has been set by Purvi and she's asking us to use a tag on our cards.

I tend to think of tags on gifts so I ended up making my card look like the front of a present with satin ribbon wrapped round a crisp white square. It looked a wee bit stark so I would probably have stitched round the edge to frame it but I've lent my sewing machine to a friend so a good old-fashioned pin and ruler came into play for a pierced border instead!

I cut the tag with a die and matted it using the 1/16" Perfect Layers ruler - easy with a shape that only has straight edges!

The berries for the holly are little circles made with a regular office hole punch, domed out on a foam mat with an embossing stylus.

Stamps:
Festive Foliage (Waltzingmouse Stamps - now available from Gina K)
Christmas Expressions (Cornish Heritage Farms, retired)

Ink:
Delicata by Tsukineko (Golden Glitz)
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Pearlescent Ivy)

Cardstock: white, ribbed kraft, red

Other:
Stitched tags dies by Waltzingmouse Stamps (retired)
Satin ribbon
Coloursoft pencil (Grass green)
Hole punch
Perfect Layers ruler

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

this is so clever - I love everything about this card - stunning

Svenja said...

Fab! I'd never have used such broad ribbon on a card - it looks great, just like a beautiful present. Very clever.