Wednesday 7 January 2015

Starting a new year

Happy New Year to all - I hope 2015 is kind to you.

The end of 2014 was not kind for my neighbour - her mum died just before Christmas so I broke off the festive creating to whip up a quick sympathy card.

I chose soft colours and a light, airy feel with lots of white space, simple layering and elements that break over the edges so there's a sense of movement. Chocolate brown ink is just that bit softer than black and perfect for the sentiment on this kind of card.

I always find sympathy cards hard and I almost wish I'd left the butterfly off this but it seemed to fit her mum's character somehow so it stayed.

Stamps: 
Simple Sprig and Big Day Today (Waltzingmouse Stamps) 

Ink: 
Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate 
Distress Bundled Sage and Spun Sugar

Other: 
Memory Box Cheviot Butterfly die 
Tracing Wheel 

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Kath said...

Sympathy cards are hard to make. This one is just right.

Kaz said...

This is so beautiful and classy Joanne xxx

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kath and Kaz! Ideal card for a difficult time x

Jennipher said...

Absolutely stunning sympathy card!