Wednesday 25 June 2014

Circle of Life

I haven't managed to play along in the postcard swap at UK Stampers for ages. I had such fun finger painting circles and doodling for my last card that I thought I'd try a quick postcard with the same technique and sneak in under the wire for this month's swap.

Sam wanted to see circles and stars for this month's cards. I made painty circles (there's a tutorial here) on an old book page (I'm still working my way through the paper ephemera pack that a local business puts together from books that are not in a fit condition for resale - this one seems to be the tale of the magic ass from a children's book!). The sentiment is heat embossed to make sure it would be dense enough to stand out well on the busy background.

I used punched stars in a couple of sizes as templates to draw the stars and then filled in with doodling (so I'm linking up the Daring Cardmakers again). Then I brushed on some diluted Dylusions to colour the while thing, avoiding the stars and some of the small circles.

Stamp: Journaling Words by the Artistic Stamper
Paper: old book page (on white card for stability)

Ink: Versamark

Other:
NeoColour II water soluble crayon
Acrylic paints
Fiskars star punchies (used to doodle round)
Black detail embossing powder
Dylusions spray - Funky Fuchsia
Fineline marker


Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Kath said...

Lovely. I am intrigued with the circles. I may have to have a go at this. Thank you for showing us.

Anonymous said...

Great postcard Joanne, love those painty circles and the colours. So happy you are able to join in the swap this month :)

Svenja said...

Fab card! And great that you enjoyed our doodling challenge so much :-)

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous painty postcard Joanne!
Alison x

Karen said...

Ahhhh lovely painty fingers are the best!!!! This is gorgeous Joanne! xxx

Kaz said...

That's gorgeous Joanne, I love that you got painty fingers!! xxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely and pink! I tend to graviate towards anything with dots and spots - love it! x