Tuesday 17 December 2013

'Tis the season

I haven't played in the Splitcoast Stampers Mixed Media challenge for ages so I thought I'd get a Christmas card done using Birgit's challenge to go bright.  I've used pigment ink, dye ink, glitter and sequins to add bright colours to my card - the green glitter and green stars are a better match in real life, it just proved impossible to get them matching on a photo.

It was only after I'd finished that it occurred to me the only stamping is the sentiment which is unusual for me!

I punched the stars in a sheet of acetate and used it as a stencil to sponge on green and pink inks and then doodled round them with both black and silver. The fancy lattice die cuts are stuck onto double sided tape sheet and the glitter burnished into the sticky apertures.

Stamps:
Sentiment from Miracle of the Holidays by Hero Arts

Paper: smooth white and black

Ink:
Brilliance Graphite Black by Tsukineko
Shadow ink Mint Julep by Hero Arts
Adirondack Raspberry by Ranger

Other:
Fancy lattice die by Spellbinder
Fiskars squeeze punches (small and medium star)
Hot pink and mint green glitter
Silver gel  pen
Black fineliner
Sequins
Double sided tape sheet
Corner Chomper

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Kath said...

I love the way you have used glitter in the lattice ,Joanne. how clever. I have some of the double sided sticky stuff and I haven't used it yet. Great idea. It's a lovely bright card.

itsallrosi said...

very pretty!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous

gardenpinks said...

A joyously coloured Christmas card - love it.

Unknown said...

Hi! I saw a post of yours in the Split Coast Stampers forum from 2009, and had a furthering question for you ; )

Is there a difference between alcohol inks and acrylic inks? I am so loving your responses and what fun are your creations!!!!! LOVE!

Angelnorth said...

Mia, if you drop back, can you leave me a way to contact you? Tell me your SCS user name, for example. You don't seem to have a blog for me to leave a comment on and I don't have a Google+ account so can't contact you that way.

Lorraine said...

love the sequins..so appropriate for new year..have a great arty 2014

Kathy said...

wow, how did I miss this? What a lovely, bright and glittery creation. It looks fab, Joanne and it's nice to see you putting a toe outside the comfort zone....