Wednesday 28 August 2013

Happy birthday human

This is a card for a young lad and it needs to go transatlantic so it's light and flat although I did raise the speech bubble up with a bit of silicone glue.

Because the colouring bled through the cardstock I added a sheet of paper inside to cover that up (it's stuck to the cardfront so it's pretty much invisible).

I drew the bubble and the trail leading up to it by hand as I didn't have a suitable stamp. My drawing skills are limited but I can just about stretch to an abstract blob!

Stamps:
Monsters Ink by Technique Tuesday

Paper:
Smooth white

Ink:
Graphite Black Brilliance by Tsukineko

Other:
Copic markers
Corner Chomper

The card made DH chortle, hope its recipient likes it too!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Kath said...

It made me chuckle too! I am sure the recipient will enjoy it. your abstract blob is splendid!!!

Kaz said...

I love it Joanne, perfect for a boy. I'm sure he'll love it too xx

Paula Whittaker said...

fab kids card

Kathy said...

It looks great Joanne - what a fun card and sentiment.
The good thing about crafty mishaps is that they force you to think about solutions as we never want to give up and start again. Glad you got it sorted ;)

Hazel said...

Lol! super card x

Deborah said...

LOL it's brilliant Joanne!

Traceyr said...

It is indeed a fun and beautifully coloured card Joanne.

You draw abstract blobs very well too. x

:)

Unknown said...

This is brilliant - what a great idea for a kids card - my grandson would love one like this at Christmas time - you've got the old brain cogs working now!