Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Bright thoughts

I wanted a quick "thinking of you" card to send to a friend and thought bright colours and a cheerful image would be the way to go.

I masked with torn paper and sponged inks into the centre and then "finger walked" a paisley background stamp to give just a touch of hit-and-miss pattern to the block. I did my usual trick of stamping just the antennae on the card and then adding a cut out butterfly over the top - just the body is stuck down so the wings are bent up slightly from the card.

I was just going to add the sentiment and leave it very clean and simple but I managed to get a tiny smudge of espresso ink on there - typical when you're about done! Tiny gems came to the rescue and I think I've got away with it.

I'm afraid the pinks didn't photograph too well, the colouring is smoother in real life.

Antique Engravings (Hero Arts)
Sentiment from Poppy bottles (Stampendous)
Paisley Backgrounder (CHF, retired)

Paper: smooth white

Ink: Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (Pool, Stream and Espresso)

Copic markers
Acrylic nail art gems
Corner Chomper

Thanks for stopping by!


Scrapmate said...

A lovely card with vibrant colours, I'm sure this will cheer your friend up.

gardenpinks said...

A beautiful, cheerful card. Love that butterfly
Lynn x

Kath said...

Gorgeous butterfly. A lovely card which I am sure your friend will enjoy.

Shar said...

Very striking!

Deborah said...

A wonderful celebration of colour (and thank goodness for small gems :-)

ElizabethR said...

Gorgoues card, I love the colours. Elizabeth x

Kathy said...

This is stunning the turquoise and pink are such perfect bedfellow

Effie said...

I love your one layer kind of cards.... It's something I'm going to try..

Lucy Edmondson said...

Perfect! I am far too messy to attempt this,

Lucy x

Elaine said...

Loving the bright bold colours of this. Very cheerful!!

Traceyr said...

Beautiful Joanne - I love how you have shaded in that butterfly.

♥ :)