Wednesday 10 August 2011

Enjoy the journey

Embracing wrinkles is not something that comes naturally to many a 40-something but it's exactly what Marcy asked us to do for a recent challenge in the Crafty Secrets member forum at Splitcoast Stampers.

I had fun scrunching, twisting and generally abusing a piece of kraft cardstock to get it really good and wrinkled. I then brayered Latte ink over it to produce a nice leathery-looking piece to use as my background for a little collage.

I think this little boy grew up with an interest in natural history - he has a leaf skeleton, a fossilised seahorse and a star in his collection of treasures. The seahorse has been in my collection of random embellishments for an age - I made it from paper mache in a mould.

Stamps:
Journey and Artsy Banners (both Crafty Secrets)

Paper:
Kraft and Cryogen white

Ink:
Versafine by Tsukinkeo (Vintage Sepia, Onyx Black)
Adirondack by Ranger (Latte)

Other:
Vintage photo (unknown maker - still using up stuff from my 2009 Secret Santa parcel from Caroline!)
Paper mache seahorse
Skeleton leaf
Star nailhead
Sewing machine and thread


Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

Artyjen said...

Love that leathery look :) Fabby card.
xoxo Sioux

Effie said...

Nice looking wrinkles!

tracy said...

great background joanne. loving the card :)

Paula Whittaker said...

love that type of background effect - fab card.

Caroline said...

Fab card Joanne, love the scrunched up background, and glad you are making good use of your Secret Santa parcel still!

salamanda said...

Love the wrinkled leather look and all the memorabilia around the boy

Kaz said...

This is just fab Joanne. Only you could achieve crinkled looking so smart!!! xxx

Hazel said...

Fab card - that background really does look like leather x

Scrapbooking Ideas said...

I never tried making a leathery-look scrapbook. and your creation just inspired me to make one! Two thumbs up!

Karen said...

This is a lovely piece Joanne, I really love the wrinkles x

Kathy said...

Fantastic! I really love this one