Friday 30 July 2010

Half time oranges...

Actually, they're more like end of game oranges since this is my last chellenge as Guest Designer with Something Completely Different. Thanks for asking me girls - it's been a fun month! This is the last week of making tags and our challenge today is a colour one: orange, blue and brown.

This is one of the very first stamps I bought - it came in a mixed lot of used stamps on eBay. It has a checkerboard border round it but I just trimmed out the central portion with the picture as it was then the perfect width for my tag.

The houndstooth pattern is stamped with a light coloured pigment ink onto a tag which was cut from chocolate coloured cardstock - I like the soft effect this gives. I added some Sakura Glaze pen on the cut piece of orange to give the segments a wet sheen and other than that I think it's self-explanatory!

Stamps:
Oranges by Hampson Arts
Fine Houndstooth Scrapblock (Cornish Heritage Farms if you're in the UK, Bubbly funk has this in stock {here})

Paper:
Simply heavy chocolate
Smooth white

Ink:
Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (Espresso)
Versacraft by Tsukineko (Sand)

Other:
Copic markers
Sakura glaze pen (orange)
Sewing machine and thread
Extra large eyelet by We R Memory Keepers (antique copper)
Jute twin
e

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Annie said...

Just fabulous - loveit.
ann xxx

Traceyr said...

It is a beautiful tag Joanne and very orange and delicious.

:)

Caroline said...

Gorgeous tag Joanne - love that stamp and the houndstooth stamp on coloured cardstock is a lovely effect...x

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous colour use :) I've just got back from Valencia so the orange theme appeals a lot!! :)
xoxo Sioux

Karen said...

I really like this Joanne & do admire the way you colour in your images XXX

Anonymous said...

I also admire the way you colour and use colour.....great tag.Ive really enjoyed your Guest DT spot,cant believe a month has gone by so quickly.

Marcy said...

Gorgeous tag, Joanne! Your coloring is perfection, and I like the soft houndstooth background too.

Netty said...

This is gorgeous, reminds me of the famous chocolate orange. Enjoy the weekend. Annette x

Yvonne said...

Superb tag!

Janice said...

Outstanding colouring in there Joanne. Love it.

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is great, makes me want to eat a Chocolate Orange!

Lucy x

Zoechaos said...

Fantastic, the orange is so realistic, awesome xx Zoe

Hazel said...

Love the clean lines of this and the lovely contrast of the blue and orange x