Monday 21 June 2010

All things considered ... it's Week Three of the Fling!

Welcome to Week Three of CHF's summer fling! Full details of the fling are here if you're not sure what I'm talking about! We're focusing on the All Things Considered line of stamps this week. Now, as their name might suggest, they're perfect for ATC projects but they're versatile enough for all kinds of other stuff too! If you stopped by on the Be Creative blog earlier, you'll have seen one card I made with the Key Elements set already. I thought it would be fun to do a second card using the same set in a totally contrasting style! (Note for my regular visitors - you know how much I struggle with patterned paper: if you want proof that I'm tackling the phobia, the card on the Be Creative blog is probably as good as it's going to get!) This is a scrapling (a card made from the bit you trim off a standard size sheet when you make a square card) and I've kept it clean and simple. I think this would make a great new home card, perhaps for somebody getting his first bachelor pad! I stamped the key onto a 1" strip and then cut it up to make three inchies. I sponged around the edges and then stuck them to some black card stock to make a narrow border. I stamped the text stamp over the key and then stamped it again on the base card, using a stamp positioner so that everything would line up when I stuck the key panel in place. Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms): Key Elements (All Things Considered line) Paper: Smooth white Simply Linen black Ink: Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black) Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Vintage Photo)
So, the low down on this week's Fling and its blog hop...
  • all stamp sets in the All Things Considered line are 25% off this week (ends Thursday at midnight)
  • make sure to leave comments for the blog hop girls by Thursday (24 June 2010) at midnight EST to have a chance at the CHF gift certificate prizes - the more blogs you comment on, the better your chances!
  • create along with us if you have All Things Considered stamps and upload to this week's special gallery (by Thursday at midnight) to be in with a chance of winning the Design Team Favourite prize this week (a stamp or stamp set of your choice up to a value of $16.99)
  • check the Be Creative Blog on Friday to see if you won
  • if you get lost along the way, go back to the beginning (Be Creative Blog) for the full list of hoppers.
Leave a comment here and then Jennifer is your next stop along the hop - have fun!!

41 comments:

Birgit said...

Beautiful card! I love the idea of cutting your stamped image to make tiles. Very clever!!
This is my first day visiting the blog hops and I'm hoping they'll feature a stamp set that I own so I can join in on the fun too.
Blessings~ Birgit

Effie said...

Great key stamp.. I love the clean fresh style of this card.

Leah said...

I really love this! I love the squares behind the key, very striking. BTW, LOVED your card on the CHF blog:)

Suzanne C said...

Love the clean design and the way you presented the main image!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

This is lovely.

Hearts Turned said...

This is so beautiful, Joanne--what a great idea, and a perfect image for it!

Hope you're having a wonderful day, my friend...thanks for the visit!

Julie

Lillian Child said...

We've had several new families move into our neighborhood this past month and I've been meaning to bake some cookies and make a welcome card for them - this would be perfect. Thanks for the inspiration!

Karen said...

This is so wonderfully neat Joanne, you are an amazing crafter! Amazing card XXX

Julia Aston said...

Love the CAS design and the sentiment stamped across the image!

tracy said...

thats lovely joanne,nice and clean and simple :)

slbt17 said...

very neat! Love the look!
Sandra

Hazel said...

Love the key stamp and the way you cut it into inchies - very effective x

Lorraine said...

like all your recent cards and this key one is very elegant..nice colours and stamping

Kathy said...

Joanne, this card is gorgeous. I love the colours and the "mosaic" squares.

Janice said...

Lovely card Joanne.

Becky Thomas said...

Love this card. It would be great when looking for a "guy" card.

Erika said...

Simple but stunning. Love it.

Ellen said...

good idea to make it into inchies, it's very effective .
I love scraplings such a nice size for quickies

Sid said...

Love your little creation and the stamp is fab too !

stampqueen said...

Fabulous!!!! Love the colors, the image and the siple elegance.

annesatx said...

I love the "inchie" look and how the text script covers both on and off the stamped key. Beautiful!

Christine said...

Beautiful card! So simple but yet elegant!!!

Blessings,
Christine

SherylH said...

A great clean and simple card, would be a wonderful masculine card.

Anonymous said...

Lovely design Joanne! x

Di said...

What a gorgeous card Joanne, I love it x

sharon d said...

Simple, but yet so pretty!!

Bonnie said...

Very nice---like the colors.

JKB said...

A sharp and clean card!!!!

Unknown said...

That's clever cuttingit into 3 - love it

Ruby said...

I love the simplicity of this card.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Wonderful scrapling!!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a great idea to cut the key into three sections. It makes for great visual interest. I'm going to have to check out that stamp set!

jpod Inc. said...

Great Idea to use scraps and also to use as a House warming card - which I have these weekend! Thanks :)

Cheryl said...

Love what you did with the key on this card - thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Scull said...

love how this came together! I have way too many of those scraps myself, so need to try my hand at this. thanks for the idea! :)

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous. The colors are really great. Thanks for sharing.

Chris R. from Iowa

shetree said...

Super idea! I've been looking for new home card ideas :)

Beury said...

great inspiration! thx

Anonymous said...

love it!

Create With Joy said...

What a great card this is!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Tasha said...

Very creative, nice and simple too!