Monday 17 May 2010

One stamp - different looks!

I'm not sure who stole last week - sorry not to have been around! I thought I would share two very different projects made with the same stamp today.

One of the reasons I love my backgrounders is that they are very versatile. My first project today is a straight paper craft project - a wedding card. I'm blaming forum buddy Janice for this one! Not only was her son getting married last week but while refusing to reveal her outfit in advance, she showed us a pic of Audrey Hepburn in the race scene in the movie My Fair Lady as a tease for what her hat was like! I still had the image of those gorgeous black and white costumes in my head when I sat down with this new Fuchsia Tiles background stamp.

Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms):
Fuchsia Tiles Backgrounder (releasing Tuesday May 18th)
Wedding Centers (Mona Lisa Moments line)

Paper:
Smooth white
Simply Linen Black

Ink:
Versafine by Tsukineko (Onyx Black)

Other:
Velvet ribbon
Rose from Wild Orchid Crafts
Stick pin
Brackets die (Tim Holtz Alterations line by Sizzix)


My second project is a bit different! I revisited the mica shift technique I used to make this polymer clay pendant a few weeks back. I used gold clay this time and made a large pendant piece by cutting a square that takes in nine of the little tiles from the backgrounder. I baked it over a sphere (the top of a tin that had chocolate orange and lemon slices in it - never throw out an interesting container!) to give the piece an overall curve and then added a little loop on the back to thread a necklace cord through.

I think I'm officially fascinated by mica shift now - there's something almost hypnotic about the textural look of the pattern coupled with a surface that's completely smooth to the touch!

Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms):
Fuchsia Tiles Backgrounder (releasing Tuesday May 18th)

Other:
Sculpey Premo polymer clay (gold and black)
Clay tools (pasta machine, clay blade, acrylic roller)
Klear floor polish (sold as Future floor polish in North America)


Thanks for stopping by today!

9 comments:

Kathy said...

These are fab, Joanne. The pendant looks such a glorious colour and clever upcycling too. The wedding card is just so darned elegant, a really beautiful result

Kath said...

Both lovely,Joanne. I am just learning to use polymer clay, so i am very impressed with your pendant.
Kath

Gez Butterworth said...

Ooooh Joanne I do love your wedding card it is so elegant.
Your pendant is stunning too Joanne. The colour is beautiful & so it the finish. It looks very tactile. Enjoy.xx

Hearts Turned said...

So classic and beautiful, Joanne! Love the look of this card--just perfect!

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Hazel said...

The pendant is beautiful (I wouldn't know where to start to produce anything like that - I'm in awe of your creativity) - and the wedding card is so classy x

Sid said...

Must say that the mica shift pendant is fab ! Looks really gorgeous. I need a clay blade before I can try it though.

The card comes second but is still very elegant :-)

Janice said...

Beautiful.

Minxy said...

What a cool piece, love the curve and the pattern :)

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Love the simplicity and eloquence of this card!! Your pendant is wonderful and once again thanks for all the details!