Tuesday 20 April 2010

Which finger did he bite?

Yikes, I don't usually post twice in one day -sorry- but I just realised that somebody stole an entire week so today is the last day to play with the current Ready Steady Stamp challenge! Tricky one this although the rules have changed and you can now play with three or more of the ingredients if you don't have the materials (or inspiration!) to manage all five.

It was the oval that nearly did for me and I was about ready to settle for four out of five when I was struck by the idea of doing oval bubbles rather than circular ones!

So here it is, something a bit different for me!

The fish is printed on acetate and painted with Viva paints on the back so he has a nice shimmer but all the detail is retained. The acetate is folded and stuck at the back of the card. I traced the second wavy line onto it and trimmed it so it doesn't go all the way down to the bottom of the card as it seemed to lie better that way.

Numbers and shells are stamped and the lines, wording and bubbles are done freehand. I used Glossy Accents to fill in the two small areas at the base of the card and sprinkled dry builders' sand on there.

I'm hoping the RSS police will look kindly on me - I have printed an image from my computer as well as stamping. I'm hoping that "no digi" means no "digital stamps" and that a vintage text book illustration will sneak in under the wire.

Stamps:
Seaside Clear Art Stamps by Crafty Secrets
A&P Numbers by Ma Vinci's Reliquary

Paper:
Overhead transparency for inkjet printer
White

Ink:
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Vintage Photo)

Other:
Fish image from Karen's Whimsy
Copic multiliner
Copic markers
Precious Metal paint by Viva Decor (Mother of Pearl, Blue Azure, Lilac)
Glossy Accents
Sand


Thanks for stopping by!

Je sais qu'il ya beaucoup de participantes françaises pour les challenge RSS - si vous voulez me laisser un commentaire, mais vous n'aimez pas le faire en Anglais, s'il vous plaît n'hésitez pas à le dire en Français! Je ne le parle pas bien, mais c'est OK pour la compréhension de commentaires court. Merci de votre visite!

9 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Super card. Anesha

Fiona said...

This is great, so imaginative. I think it's ok, I used an image from the web too!!

Sid said...

Fab ATC, loving your digi fishy and the theme !

Unknown said...

This is brilliant - all that texture it looks wet and shimmery

Janice said...

This little finger on the right! Very nice, hope your image passes muster!

P'tite Plume said...

Very beautiful!

sam21ski said...

Fantastic Atc, great textures xxxx

Traceyr said...

The fish is fabulous and I love the freehand writing. :)

scrap-hil-Photo said...

J'aime beaucoup ta carte !Très moderne !!!
A bientôt !
Hil scrap-hil