Tuesday 12 May 2009

Go for it!

The sentiment on this card is from a set called "Encouragement Expressions" that's releasing on Thursday and has some great phrases for those situations where a little pick-me-up or just because kind of card is required. Edited to Add- oops, there's a typo on the Encouragement Expressions plate so the release has been put back a week - they'll actually release 21st May, sorry about that folks. The Camaro is fun, too! Read on if you'd like the chance to add this and its surfing buddy to your stamp collection. I played my first colour challenge at SCS here. I'm usually intimidated by the fact the colours are specified in terms of SU! which until very recently hasn't been available in the UK and I don't have any but I decided to just get over it and play with what I have! Colours specified were Only Orange, Summer Sun and Kiwi Kiss - I think I got pretty close. Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms): Encouragement Expressions (Mona Lisa Moments line - releasing Thursday 21st May) Chevy Camaro Front View (GM line) Paper: Sunflower medium (Prism Papers), Yellow Green monochromatics pack (Bazzill), Coordinations (orange), smooth white Ink: Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (Espresso and Pitch Black) Other: Copic markers, Copic multiliner, Grungeboard arrow, foam pads Candy Alert! I have one each of the Camaro stamp and the Chevy Convertible used to make this card to give away. I combined the convertible with the Beach Party background stamp to make a fun summer card! Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms): Surfing Chevy Convertible and Beach Party backgrounder (GM line) Paper: Bazzill orange, smooth white, vellum Ink: Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (Pitch Black, Sunset Orange, Sunshine Yellow, Red Pepper), Versamark by Tsukineko Other: Copic markers, foam pads, Nestabilities by Spellbinder, clear embossing powder, sewing machine, brads If you'd like to add a couple of fun stamps to your collection, leave me a comment to tell me what your dream car is - maybe it's the one that took you on vacation as a child or one you dream of owning now! I'll close commenting at midnight GMT Friday 15th and get Random to pick a winner. I'm happy to ship anywhere so international players are welcome - just make sure to leave a link back to your own blog or some other way I can contact you if you win! Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Kaz said...

Fab cards Joanne, sketching looks good!

I can't believe I've missed some of your blogging. Those baby vests are brilliant, but I think you may have shot yourself in the foot lol.

I have fond memories of my first car. A custard coloured mini that went like a bomb.

Janice said...

Great cards Joanne.

Darlene said...

What cool images ... in fact, the camero look like the same vintage as the one my SIL races at the dragstip! How great it would be to have this image for his next birthday card.
My best car memory is when I purchased my first "new" car ... a green '74 Datsun B210 Hatchback. I paid something like $2,000. and it was brand spankin new!!! I was SO proud! (easy on gas too ... of course gas was less than a $1 a gallon at that time.
BTW ... you did a great job on your first SCS color challenge!!

Shelley said...

My dream car has changed over the years.. first it was a 64 Chevelle... then, a VW bug. Next was the Honda CRX followed by the Mazda Miata (which I still own)... now my dream is a Mini Cooper. However, the miata is still going strong after 14 years and I'm not ready for that mini (not-so-mini) payment!
I love your design with the SS. Sweet hot rod. Love that car too.

Anonymous said...

Fab cards as always - love the design and colours - I might just have to invest in these stamps!

Joan Ervin said...

You did a fabulous job on your first color challenge...love your super cool stamp and the colors look awesome!!!! My dream car would be a Lamborghini...might as well dream big!!!!

Anonymous said...

Two fab cards Joanne! Like the colours and images!

Rachelxx said...

My first car was my dream Mini - nowadays it's the little old Fiesta I drive round in - my lifeline to the outside world :-)

H said...

Fab cards :)
My fave car would be a Lamborghini but as i love to drive any car with a decent engine which handles well is ok by me :):)
My last 2 cars have been MINI's and they have been fab cars to drive and always put a smile on your face. I changed a couple of months ago because i needed more room, worst decision of my LIFE.
H xx

Hazel said...

Love the stamps and the way you've used them on these super cards, Joanne. My dream car would be one with a driver available to go anywwhere anytime because neither of us drive x

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wow, your cards are fabulous. I love the curly arrow design :) Kim

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Thasnkyou for the opportunity. Wonderful artwork as always. Great compositions.
We used to have a Camero a long time ago. Great fun.
My dream car would probably be either ZZ Tops car for doing the weekly shop, Prof Pat Pendings car(Whacky Races) for popping into town (dodge the queues by flying over the lines of traffic) or to raise a smile I'd have the pointy purple car that Dick Dastardly and Mutley drove ...how cool would that be rofl