Friday 12 December 2008

Wish Big!

I had this image coloured in and had plans for it but today's Limited Supplies challenge over on Splitcoaststampers changed the direction a little. It's a "Go green" challenge to reuse/recycle.

I managed a couple of reuse/ recycle things here:

- The 'fly' is actually a single earring - its companion was lost many years ago! My aunt bought them from a guy at a craft fair who'd obviously decided that jewelry would be a more lucrative market for his fly tying!

- The card base is one I stamped and then dropped an ink pad in the middle so it went into the scraps box - it was fine for this design as I just covered it up with a big panel!

- The linen thread is not exactly reused but it was an awesome find! I got three cards on eBay for 99p that were printed with their original price - 3D! We went decimal in the UK in 1971 so this thread is most likely 40 years old and hasn't been touched so I'm counting that for the challenge too!

Stamps (all Cornish Heritage Farms):
Fly fishing (Saturday Evening Post line)
Spanish Script backgrounder
Script Essential Expressions (Mona Lisa Moments line)

Paper:
Simply smooth (Prism)
Scrapblock layers (CHF)
Unknown ivory

Ink:
Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (Espresso)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Vintage Photo)

Other:
Copic markers
Linen thread
Fishing fly earring
Antique copper brads (Making Memories)
Oval template
Classic oval Nestabilities
Sponge

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your visits!

13 comments:

Janice said...

Nice card Joanne - glad your rendezvous with the fisherman went well - hee hee!

Karen said...

Lovely card for anyone who likes fishing. Good idea for the earing too X

Carol Plume said...

I really love your shading...its fantastic...great use of recycled stuff too..well done on the great buys! lolxx what does 3d equate too today I wonder?

Anonymous said...

A beautiful image and wonderfully coloured.

Gez Butterworth said...

Awesome colouring Joanne. :)

I remember those sorts of earrings they were all the rage at one time!

Glad to see you met up with your fisherman. xx

Darlene said...

Wow Joanne ... you are so good at this sort of thing!! This is fantastic!!

Di said...

Fabulous colouring as always Joanne and what a fab idea for the earring...great stuff xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful masculine card! I was going to say I love the 'fly' but now that I know it's an earring...lol...it looks GREAT here!! :)

Kathy said...

Great card - nice to find a use for that lonesome earring too!

Hazel said...

What a fab way to use the earring - super card. x

Sarah said...

What a lovely card Joanne, mens cards can be so difficult can't they? The earring goes so well!

*Sally* said...

wow, I have enjoyed reading about this card as much as I have enjoyed looking at it!

Lori Washburn said...

wow your coloring is amazing!! I know I've said this before but it bears repeating! Nice work!