Wednesday 19 November 2008

Ornamental Christmas and some thank yous!

Wednesdays are sketch challenge days over at Splitcoaststampers. I don't always manage to play the challenges but I did today. I love using a stamp that doesn't obviously scream "Christmas" and turning it into a holiday card. This new Ornamental Vines backgrounder is a lovely rich pattern and I thought it would be fun to use in rich, traditional holiday colours! The pattern really reminds me of a sumptuous brocade fabric so I added just a little metallic gel pen to the open areas of the flowers and leaves to enhance that feeling. Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms): Ornamental Vines backgrounder (releasing 21 November 2008) Christmas Expressions (Mona Lisa Moments line) Paper: Olive dark and Blush Red dark (Prism Papers) Ink: Versamark Versafine (Olympia Green) Other: Mirror Gold detail embossing powder Copper and green metallic gel pens Krylon leafing pen (pale gold) Labels One Nestabilities by Spellbinder Paper piercer I'm usually rubbish at remembering when somebody passes on a blogger award to me but I've remembered this time so a big thank you to both Darlene and Dru who gave me this Kreativ Blogger award last week. Here's how it works: 1. The winner may put the logo on their blog. 2. Put a link to the person who sent you the award. 3. Nominate 5 blogs. 4. Put links to their blogs. 5. Leave a message for your nominees. The bit I always struggle with is picking five blogs to pass it on to - I hate anyone to feel left out! So this is a random "first into my head" kind of list:
  • Kaz - for the tales of monkee derring do at Slightly Wonky Crafts
  • Janice - cardmaker, cook, digi scrapper, smiler... Serial Crafter
  • Lisa - classy cards, creative paper projects and lovely team mate Silverstamping
  • Gez - fairly new to blogging and taking to it like a duck to water GezzyB's Crafty Bits
  • The DCM team - tricky one since it's a group effort but it's a very creative blog that keeps us all on our toes with cardmaking dares at Daring Cardmakers
Thanks for visiting today!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful card Joanne. What did you do in the corners? Did you add some metallic card or more embossing?

Well done for your award too...its very well deserved X

Janice said...

Cool card! Thank you for nominating me for the award, I feel very honoured that I popped into your head lol!

Gez Butterworth said...

Classy card Joanne. I thought it was rich fabric that you had used at first glance. The colours you have chosen are fabulous.

Congratulations on winning your award....so richy deserved.

Truly inspirational. xxx


Thank You for your kind comments regarding my blog!

Kaz said...

Great card and thanks for the award.

Darlene said...

This card is STUNNING!! Love the richness it has and your touches of gold were just perfect! Absolutely fantastic!! (Darn, you're just so clever!!!)

Unknown said...

Such wonderfully rich colours Joanne. The design is fab.

Gez Butterworth said...

Thank You again Joanne. x

The penny has dropped!!

Kathy said...

This card is gorgeous, I adore the richness of the colours, just perfect for a warm and snuggly Christmas in front of a blazing fire!

Thanks for giving the DCM the award, Joanne, I'll make sure the others all know

Me, My Stamps and I said...

Beautiful card on this challenge !!!!i'm glad you got a chance to play..tfs:)
chat