Tuesday 9 September 2008

Live Life Wisely the DCM way

Now there's a mantra we could probably all use from time to time: live life wisely! This week's challenge over at Daring Card Makers is a sketch. Here's my take on it...

When I cut my piece of twill tape for this card, it curled over at the end and I decided I liked the effect so I stitched it down in a way that let it keep right on curling!

My only change to the sketch was to tilt the rectangle at a slight angle as straight didn't really seem right with the slightly grungy feel of this. I've roughed up the edges a bit too (I just use scissors held in a V shape to do this).

Stamps: Journal Box, Time to Stamp, Aged Sheet Music Scrapblock™, Spanish Script Backgrounder (all Cornish Heritage Farms)

Ink: Adirondack dye ink by Ranger - Espresso and Latte

Paper: Prism Suede Brown dark, smooth white, ivory hammer texture

Other: blending chalk, cotton twill tape, extra large eyelet (We R Memory Keepers), sewing machine and thread.


TFL! Hope you liked it :o)

14 comments:

cookcreateread said...

Love the 'naturalness' of this Joanne! Beautiful card!

Kaz said...

Lovely Joanne.

Beth said...

Yes, I like it Joanne. The colours work well and the tilt of the twill harmonises too. XX

Janice said...

Great card Joanne, it would do for any occasion.

Kathy said...

I like this a lot, love the grungy!

Unknown said...

love the grungy look :)

Jozza said...

Ooh yes this is gorgeous. Love the vintage look of this card. x

Hazel said...

Smashing card, Joanne - I definitely like the effect of the curling of the twill.

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card - love the grungy distressed look and agree about the curly bit of the ribbon
Love
kath
xxxxx

Cuchy said...

Beautiful card and stunning background. Love the vintage look. M.Carmen

Darlene said...

Not only do I like it ... I LOVE it!! Looks fantastic and I really like all the extra little touches you put to this ... awesome!!

Carol said...

Love this!!!! so different :)
Great work!

Hugs
Carol x

Anice said...

Great card, it's got a lovely warm feel to it. Thanks for joining in with the DCM challenge.
Anice (Funky Hand)
xx

Marisa said...

I too like the way the twill curls. Great card Joanne.

Marisa