Saturday 2 August 2008

Gone fishin'?

Something a bit different from me today! Cornish Heritage Farms do several more detailed art lines including images by Thomas Kinkade (America's biggest selling living artist, apparently!). I got some images to play with and had great fun colouring! This one really makes you think about water and the fact that what you usually see when you look at it is not water itself, it's a version of everything above it! As ever, you can click on the pic for a closer view.



Sentiment is computer generated (Palace Script and New Century Schoolbook fonts) with a shadow added with a marker.

The little fly lure hanging from the hardware started life as an earring! Many, many years ago my aunt bought me a pair from a guy who'd obviously decided there was a lucrative jewellery sideline to his fly tying business! Sadly, I lost its partner a long time ago and my ear piercings healed so I can't wear earrings either. I decided to give this little fly a new purpose in life and add it to this card as it seemed perfect with this image!

Supplies: It Doesn't Get Much Better (Cornish Heritage Farms), Prism paper (Olive dark and medium), Adirondack ink (Espresso), Tim Holtz Distress ink (Antique Linen, Vintage photo), computer and printer, Prisma and Lyra pencils, OMS/blending stumps, Inkssentials white pen, antique copper hardware, Copic marker, sponge, old earring!

Thanks for visiting, hope you enjoy your day!

20 comments:

Hazel said...

Wow! Joanne - what a professional finish you've achieved - it's beautiful. And what a touch of genius to use the earring.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous card Jo I would not know where to start with that image I love what you have done

Karen said...

OH my goodness Joanne, that is stunning hon!!! You must indeed have had great fun colouring that in and the earing just finishes it off. Well done you X

Di said...

Wow, fantastic Joanne, I absolutely love it.

Janice said...

Yes, the earring is a stroke of genius, must go and look at my 'single' earrings and see if they have card potential!

I've seen those Thomas Kincade stamps on CHF - very detailed, you've made a fantastic job of colouring it, it must have taken ages.

tracy said...

wow!! joanne,thats georgous:) i love the colours

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

That's stunning Jo!!! Fantastic colours...

Shazza said...

WOW! that is just stunning- how long it must have taken to colour that in.
Sharon

Darlene said...

Oh Joanne, you have colored this PERFECTLY!!! I love how you've picked up the shadows of the trees/sky above ... great job. Also love how you've angled the image ... great eye appeal! And, what can I say about the "fishing lure" earring ... crazy business idea but great accent for this card!! AWESOME job as always my friend!!

Andrea said...

that must of taken ages, its just perfect and what an ideal setting, a brilliant card x

Anonymous said...

Great job on the water! Love what you did with the base of your card. I'll have to keep my eyes open the next time I'm at the tackle and bait shop : )

Anonymous said...

Check out my blog for an award ... love your creations.

Sue said...

Wow that is fantastic!
You've done really well with your colouring, you can tell it's a Thomas Kincade image.
Sue x

Marisa said...

This is just lovely Joanne. I though of getting some TK stamps but was a little intimidated with the design. You have changed my mind.
The whole card is just superb.

Marisa

Emma said...

Such a stunning card. Must have taken you ages. x

Kathy said...

Fantastic work Joanne, the colours are amazing and the addition of the fly is a clever touch

*Sally* said...

This is great! As is all your work, I have been taking a peek this evening and love your blog! I have added a link to your on mine if thats ok.
My no'2 daughter was born in Ashington, when we lived in Alnwick 10plus years ago on an RAF posting! Driven past the Angel a fair few times!

Joy said...

Hi Joanne this is stunning and the 'light' you've achieved by your clever colouring is amazing xx

Kathy said...

Back again to save I've given you a Wylde Women award - details on my blgo

- dlm. said...

Simply beautiful! Your colouring is spot on. Clever you for creating the text and then adding depth/shadow with your marker.