Monday 2 July 2007

Roses and royalty

The Just Bex forum launched about a gazillion challenges on Friday so I've had a little play with a couple of them this morning despite the fact I should have been doing other things.


This card is for the Paper Roses challenge -- make a card with paper rosebuds, not blooms or Primas.

I had to hunt a bit but I finally found the last two paper roses in my stash, these little peachy pink tea roses. I made a 'chipboard' plaque from thick packaging card covered with a bit of linen textured paper and inked with Rouge chalk ink with a Chestnut Whispers pad swiped round the edges for a bit of aging. I used the Cuttlebug D'vine swirls folder to emboss some pale pink vellum, added some grosgrain and a spiral clip and finished off with a few lines of machine stitching.




This one's for the Something to Wear challenge. It might be a bit cheeky but I reckon you wear crowns so it counts!

This has a circle of silver card embossed with one of the small Cuttlebug folders from the birthday set. I grunged it up by dabbing black dye-based ink on, leaving it to dry and then polishing it with tissue paper to take the ink off the high spots and make them shinier. I did the same with the Happy Birthday strip which was done with the Dymo and then added a silver star eyelet and mounted the whole lot on rib textured navy blue card.

3 comments:

Jo said...

these are both gorgeous, I love the little roses on the tag, fabby!

jo xx

mum-on-the-run said...

Lovely cards Joanne, I just love the second one!!

Kathy said...

great cards Joanne

I'm waiting for my first batch of cbug stuff but already have a list of others I neeeeeeed