Monday, 20 July 2026

Summertime

It seems to have been Christmas for some time on the blog so I thought I should try to change gear! This month’s challenge at We Love Stamping has a focus on summer. As it’s the classic season for travel, I’ve gone that way as I needed a birthday card for someone who does quite a lot of travelling.

It’s personalised by having a destination hand written on the ticket. I hope he gets to fly in something a bit more comfortable than an open bi-plane, though! 

I used torn paper to create fluffy clouds in my blue summer sky, masking all the various elements first (including the edges masked with low tack tape). I would probably have added some colour to the globe but hubby liked it without and as he requested the card I went with leaving it black and white. The ticket has just a touch of pencil colouring and there’s a drop shadow added to the globe with a marker.

Stamps:
Vintage Transport (Tanda Stamps, no longer with us)
Be Happy Today (Hero Arts, retired I think)
Travel (Crafty Secrets, no longer with us)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch)

Other:
Coloured pencils
Grey Copic
Fineliner 

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. There's a positive to being Christmas for so long, your December card basket will be better stacked for the seasonal rush.

    The masked cloud panel makes a perfect backdrop for the travel themed card which is a great take on our theme at We Love Stamping, many thanks for sharing your creativity.

    I smiled at your comment re colours on my tag and our artwork and wondered if I'd dare tell you, but going to, I love to wear colour as well and my nails are always vibrant (or black)!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card for a traveler, Joanne! Love the plane in the clouds with the added ephemera - so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card and theme, just right for someone who loves travel. Thank you for joining our summertime theme as We Love Stamping.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today and leaving a comment for me. Comments make me smile :o) Please remember that comments on this blog are public, submitting one indicates that you are happy for it to be published here.